Frame grabber for UDOO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uri4el, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Uri4el

Uri4el New Member

Hi,

I have the quad-code UDOO and I just managed to install Arch-Linux (from here: http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/freescale/udoo) on it. I've also purchased Empia EazyCap fame grabber. And I've installed ffmpeg and now I can play some video files with ffplay but can't play from my EazyCap.
    My final objective is to play video from outside source which come from RCA or HDMI cable through my frame grabber using ffplay by typing something like:
    ffplay -f video4linux2 /dev/videoX

When I plug the EazyCap I get video1 in /dev/ directory (and it disappears when I unplug it) so I guess this is the driver for my EazyCap but when I'm trying to play from it there is no video.

Does anyone know if it possible to connect any frame grabber (I'll buy the right one if there is such one) and capture video in UDOO?

BTW, I've seen that I have also the driver /dev/video0 and I realize that is of the UDOO's camera connector. So is there any way to connect my RCA/hdmi to this input connector?

Thanks,
    Oriel

2. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

I've also installed Arch-Linux on the Udoo quad. With Xfce4 it runs circles around Ubuntu, however, I've still not discovered the secret to get wifi operational.

Yesterday, the 5MP camera arrived from Italy, and I'm experiencing some difficulty in getting the camera ribbon cable plugged into the connector on the Udoo quad board. Might you be able to offer and advice on how to accomplish that?

ADVthanksANCE
    Larry