Gaming on the bolt, max details enabled. Video.

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Chad Ringstrom, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Chad Ringstrom

Chad Ringstrom New Member

2. Chad Ringstrom

Edit: I miss spoke in the video when I was describing the pin headers. They are not referred to as “raspberry pi connectors” , nor toslink.

I guess I was nervous with excitement and wasn’t precise when choosing my words.

3. Xathian

Xathian UDOOer

Impressive. Can you make a follow up showing how the game runs at 1080p with lowered settings? (Without lowering the Render Scale). And give an actual FPS count?

Also can you show any other games that UDOO themselves haven't already shown in the promo material? I want to see the real world, end user performance and not cherry picked stuff or anything with an overpowered external GPU plugged in.

4. Chad Ringstrom

Looks like all the games are capping at about 60 FPS. I don't own a lot of games as I'm not much of a gamer but the 3 or 4 that I just tried, all cap out at 60 FPS when using 1080p with most of the details maxed out, I will measure 4K when I move it to a different TV.

5. SolidGoomba

SolidGoomba UDOOer

You're running this without an external GPU? I haven't had a chance to test much yet, but did try fortnite last night and was only able to get a stable framerate when dropped to 30 fps and all settings turned down.

6. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Loved the video! Don't worry about not getting everything right I could see the excitement. It's great to finally see one of the boards at work!

7. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

Hey man, loved the video, is the only actual video of Bolt gaming and with some details on the Graphics settings, the FPS on screen would be awesome, please let me know how it behaves with 4k and if you could show pictures at least of the game settings and fps on screen that would be awesome. Thanks a lot for this review!

evaloverde likes this.