General questions and stuff :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheJRT, Nov 22, 2013.

1. TheJRT

TheJRT New Member

Dammit this screws my plan up and i have no idea on how i could switch/remap the pins. is there anything else i can use as portable screen that connects to the i.MX6 output ? would any raspberry pi compatible screen be good enough ?

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Well I don't know what you're trying to achieve so can't really advise (resolution, refresh rate, budget, preferred connection methods, OS to be used etc).

If you can't wait the 3 weeks or so for the official (and supported/warranty) screens by Team UDOO then you could grab anything with a HDMI or DVI-D/I (and just use a HDMI-DVI cable) interface. There are LVDS/VGA/DVI/HDMI adapters (usually small boards) but again you'd have to check the details carefully.

3. TheJRT

TheJRT New Member

What i want to achieve is exactly a mini portable pc running either linux or android; but it seems that the only way to use the screen to run the OS is to buy the udoo ones from the shop. my buget would be around 100 usd at max and the preferred connection method would be the easiest possible one my idea would have been to buy a screen that could both use the arduino part of the board and both to run the OS, seems pretty unachievable without working around it :/

4. TheJRT

TheJRT New Member

You are right, at this point ill just wait and go for the safe solution and get the UDOO official screen that seems much more user friendly and that works with bot the arduino and raspi board.

thanks again for your immense amount of help :)

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

In time the community will work out the testing of various types of screens.
    In addition the the official ones i know a number of us are already planning to do various tests with other existing retail products along with some homemade screens. Since this is new to everyone time will surely help.