HDMI audio transmitter supported in UDOObuntu2 RC1?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Manfred van der Voort, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Manfred van der Voort

Manfred van der Voort New Member

Hi,

Just trying to get sound out of my Neo. Installed RC1, plus VLC player.

I haven't find any information about whether or not HDMI audio transmitter is being supported currently, here on the forum. Can someone confirm that sound currently is supported before I'll spend a lot of time troubleshooting?

If it isn't supported, can someone give an indication when that might be eventually?

Thanks a lot.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I have audio coming out of my Neo basic through hdmi. I use python pygame to play the sound. I did not install a player yet.

3. Manfred van der Voort

Manfred van der Voort New Member

Hi Waltervl,

Thanks for your reply. This gives me confidence that it's neccesary to troubleshoot the whole hw/sw thing on my desk. I'm sure the my HDMI audio reciever is working which is part of my display, however it's with a different HDMI cable connected to the Neo. Validated that on a Win10 laptop as a host i.s.o. Neo.

So there might be two possible issues: 1) the HDMI cable being used for the Neo, doesn't support audio tranmission, although it is expected to do so. 2) despite your Hardware/Software config is working, mines differs and it isn't. I tried to install an Gstreamer GTK based audioplayer and thet leads to new troubles. S/w doesn't run properly.

Has anyone a suggestion for a know good working Auio player on Neo with RC1?

Many thanks for your messag. I'll dig further on with this Audio/HDMI theme.

4. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

You can test audio by:

speaker-test -c2 -twav

5. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

Did you hear some audio with speaker-test?