HELP! Using two Bluetooth modules

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by Mathew Hoets, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Mathew Hoets

Mathew Hoets UDOOer

Hi all,
    Here's a quick background on what I am trying to achieve. I want to replace the standard head unit in my car with a UDOO system. What I need from this is Android (check), Navigation (check), CD (I'm sure this is achievable) and finally Bluetooth and wireless connectivity.
    Where the Bluetooth gets tricky is I need two ports. One for an OBD2 Bluetooth module for running an app called Torque (car computer system monitoring) and one to link my phone for calls or Bluetooth audio.
    Is there a way to run two Bluetooth modules concurrently through different ports to achieve what I am trying to do?

On a side note, I want to run a reverse camera as well as a minimum 4-channel amplifier or sound card as well.

Please excuse the noob here but I want to tick all the right boxes before I go out and buy all the bits and pieces to find its not going to do what I want.

Cheers guys

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi Mathew,
    it's not possible under Android to manage 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time via Bluetooth.
    It should be possible with BLE - Bluetooth Low Energy - but your phone must support BLE too. And however, I'm not a hundred percent sure it's possible. I suggest you to check StackOverflow.