How to use adc pin?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by hiten, Dec 24, 2019.

1. hiten

hiten UDOOer

hello, I want to try the interface thermistor sensor at A0 pin on udoo neo board and try to get data from "/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio\:device0/in_voltage0_raw" location for this I change both uEnv.txt file line "m4_enabled=false" from sd card partition /data and /systems

After changes, I fire "cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/in_voltage0_raw" command for read pin value but it gives wrong data linke :64,0,0,0,234,564,23,45 ..... random value so how to solve this things

I follow https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Hardware_&_Accessories/ADC.html links for use adc pin but there is not any clear guide,

I thinks there are some changes must be done in kernel side or in dts file but I don't know how I start work on adc pin or how to use adc, and how to disable m4 core please help me

Thanks,

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Is there anything connected to the pin? Could be that is is just floating if nothing is connected.

3. hiten

hiten UDOOer

yes I connect my thermistor data pin at A0(39)

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I see fom another topic that you run on Android. That will make things a little bit more difficult as there is no one known that does this kind of interfacing with Android.

5. hiten

hiten UDOOer

so what should I do, I can't find anything on the internet and not any document or any example steps

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Try it on udoobuntu first, and see what happens. Android has never been so developed on the Neo due to its complex architecture with a combined A9M4 CPU sharing it's GPIO

7. hiten

hiten UDOOer

ok thanks for replay