I have problems with 5V and GND pins

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pavelexpertov, Jan 15, 2014.

1. pavelexpertov

pavelexpertov New Member

The first problem that I have is that I can not upload a sketch from my external computer to udoo's arduino board when I plug wires into two pins, where one goes to 5V pin and another one to GND (ground). When I upload the sketch with them pins connected to breadboard, I get an error message on my computer saying "No device found on ttyUSB0". I understand it provides source of power to my switch button that can toggle a LED light. The only fix is to unplug the two wires from power pins, but this is really annoying process, because I did not have to do that when I had to do my first ever exercise and then the pins may be got cocked up for no reason. Furthermore, what other tests can I do to see if it's not the issue with pins? Like maybe my power supply or USB cable? Or how can I test that my pins totally work, coz sometimes my board does not work even if my code is correct. :x

UPDATE: Hello, I checked my board this morning and I tested it. It did not allow me to upload sketches when the pins were connected, but then it started working!!!!!!!! For another hour I could upload sketches when the pins were connected without problems!!!! However, can anyone tell me what possibly caused this issue and how I can resolve this problem in the future, and should I use 5V pin for programming? Thanks