I`m putting the bunny back in the box. :-)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peter247, Jun 24, 2014.

1. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Now I got what you wanted to do! Nice, will do as well!
    Could you share which modules needed to be enabled to get it working? So from now DVB-T will be integrated. Also, did you need to use those firmware package I sent you?
    Long life to your bunny!

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

what I changed it the kernel was :-

Device driver >> Multimedia support

Then went a little over kill which added about 300k to the kernel . < ( but was only a test to see it it worked )
    added :- DVB for Linux + Load and attach frontend and tuner driver modules as needed . < ( may not be correct )
    Next changed the <m> to a <*> on most modules and deselected the ones I didn`t think I would need :-
    in - DVB/ATSC adapters --->

No I had already a copy of the firmware I needed , But like I said before if you get the drivers right it will tell you which firmware it needs to work in the logs.

3. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Ok, got it. That was a nice find that we have to embed modules... Thanks for that!
    PS could you also share something about your project? I like the idea of streaming tv...

4. peter247

peter247 New Member

My project is just to make a dvb-t recorder / streamer which will record at least 2 program at once and stream to my tablet, also act as many other roles has I can like a torrent server , file server , but I`ve not worked out what to use the arduino part for yet.

If anything's worth doing , it`s worth over doing .

So my project had a little upgrade tonight by installing 2 dual dvb-t adapters , so I can now record or stream from 4 different muxes at the same time.

The program I`m using is tvheadend which is controlled via a web page or using a app for my android tablet (tvhclient) .

Attached Files:

• tv.jpg
      File size:
      151.6 KB
      Views:
  5. whitakeshriram

whitakeshriram UDOOer

The test went quite well with a few Nox Vidmate VLC "Continuity counter error" in the logs, but didn`t see any faults in the recordings .