Install Windows 10 ISO - Offline Mode

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Slappy McPhee, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Slappy McPhee

Slappy McPhee New Member

Hello all,
    I recently received my UBG and am attempting to set it up. I am a bit disappointed that all of the official guides on point to how to install Windows 10 via the online media creation tool rather than having the ability to use a traditionally spun ISO copy of Windows. I for example never use Home or Pro. I only use LTSx, currently being LTSC. I have attempted to boot from the same USB key that I use for EVERY other installation yet the BIOS shows the drive as a generic listing. What is so different in the way that the online Windows 10 creation media tool works over the original media creation tool? I am assuming there is a file structure or specific initialization file(s) missing? If I cannot have the ability to install the LTS train then I will do everything in my power to return this device as it cannot meet my needs. It is advertised as being Windows 10 compatible and you should not be forced to install in only one specific way.

P.S. I have confirmed that I can install with the online tool with the same USB keys so I know that there isn't a particular hardware issue/concern.

Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance!