Instructions for setup issues/problems

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by frudman, Apr 18, 2014.

1. frudman

frudman Member

Got udoo quad working with Aandroid 4.3. Looks nice!

Some thoughts:

1) Consider being more explicit about WHICH KEYBOARD to "hit any key" from when trying to jump into the boot process (via serial/usb cable).
    Connected via Windows serial (com4) I kept hitting the key to the keyboard connected to the UDOO instead of to windows! Duh! My fault but a couple extra words in your directions would help (e.g. hit any keys on the Windows keyboard)

2) The serial instructions for the MAC don't work (never mentions WHEN to turn on the udoo). Also, when I used the recommended serial-comm program (as per your directions) it never seemed to detect the comm port (i.e. Serial Port: “SLEB_USBtoUART”). Not sure why. Tried a few times, gave up and went back to Windows (running on mac under VMWare Fusion, btw, just fyi).

Just friendly feedback for everyone. :)

Love the UDOO Quad! :D

Freddy.

ps: still can't get bluetooth keyboard to work, though, from earlier post. :?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hi frudman,

thanks for sharing your thoughts. Well, this is the first time i hear someone having this kind of problem, don't worry though i'll report that and we'll add some extra words during the boot process.

I'll check the serial instructions for MAC, i'm using CoolTerm btw.