Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. rpgnick

rpgnick New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Nick, I am 21 years old and from the Netherlands. I'm an enthusiastic software developer, and I always have some side projects other than work or study. This would be my very first project also involving electronics, and I'm very excited to see what kind of stuff I can do with UDOO.

I can't wait to get the board on my desk and start building stuff!

2. aavang

aavang New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm a Postgraduate Computer Science major based in Glasgow, Scotland who already has Arduino programming experience. I look forward to doing some interesting network-aware programming with my UDOO!

Cheers!
    Alex

3. miousername

miousername New Member

Hi at all,
    my name is Marco, I studied Electronics in Florence and my interests are music & science. I knew UDOO through internet and I buy it in kickstarter, I've read about iMX6 and ARM, this world is amazing and UDOO in my opinion it's the revolution of compacts, powerfull, smart PC. We can do everything with it!

4. brian

brian New Member

Hello all,

I am a software engineer, graduate student and robot hobbyist from the New York suburbs, USA. I am anxiously awaiting my kickstarter udoo board to become basis for the second version of a robot project I have been working on, where i am trying to implement a working SLAM algorithm in a small low cost robot using limited sensors such as optical and ultrasonic instead of the traditional laser range finder.

In the first version i used a Arduino Mega and old HTC smartphone communicating over bluetooth. I have some videos of the project on my google + page:
    https://plus.google.com/103670107949098 ... 9GC1uvyWBD
    https://plus.google.com/103670107949098 ... B9PhF79oid

Nice to meet you all,

Brian

5. scanlancs

scanlancs New Member

Hi my name is Chris Scanlan I used to working in the computer industries now on a disability pension due to illness.
    I live in a country town in Tasmania with my family.

I have a hobby farm and live off grid with solar power, I started playing with arduino micro controllers and would like to build my own
    battery / power management system and add some home automation to make my life easier.

Also I love computer tech, growing food and bio fuels, want to try and build an alternative energy storage system to make my deep cycle lead acid
    batteries last longer.

I can't wait to get my UDOO and start playing.

Regards,
    Chris Scanlan.

6. jamaloyes

jamaloyes New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Jose and I am a sw engineer. I found this project really interesting and that's why it became the first crowdfunding project I backed ever

I feel the same as many others: I cannot wait to receive my UDOO!

Best regards to everyone.

PD: Why we cannot start a new post? Do we have to ask moderators or admins to create it?

7. twallace

twallace New Member

Re: Introduce Yourself - Tim Wallace

Where am I from?

I grew up in the legendary Silicon Valley, back when it was all planted with apricots and walnuts.
    During High School, they cut down all the trees and planted Apples and HPs ~everywhere~.

Where am I now?

To make a long story short, I married my Bolivian classmate that I met while studying medicine in Guadalajara, Mexico.
    We moved to Cochabamba, Bolivia, 25 years ago, to work and raise our family, all big now.

What do I do profesionaly?

I do diagnostic ultrasounds, sell oxygen generation systems and administer a 30 bed surgical hospital.

What do I do for fun (with what little free time I have)?

Everything digital electronic.
    For example, I am an ex Civilization, Sim City addict - my wife threatened to throw my computer in the fire place many times.
    What cured me was the realization that studying/programming computers was an even more satisfying activity.
    Also, I run my entire office from a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Everything Open Source.
    I love the feeling that I can choose the latest versions of what I need - that I don't need to wait for someone to send/sell me a stale package of what they think is convenient for them.
    I highly recommend the Funtoo distribution of Linux - I run it on all my computers.

Why did I join this forum?

When I first saw the UDOO, I was excited that such a capable, open source computer would soon be in my hands, limitless in practical and educational opportunities.
    I am sure others are equally excited and I hope that thru this forum, we can share our excitment and experiences.
    I specifically would like to learn how to install Funtoo Linux on UDOO, and use UDOO as an industrial controller for my machines.

Tim Wallace

8. Mal007

Mal007 New Member

Hi,
    Names Mal and I'm a backyard Hobbyist.
    Have a question on price for here in Australia?
    Also delivery costs as well.
    Looking forward to UDOO as I was toying with the idea of purchasing Raspberry pi.

9. Sala88

Sala88 New Member

Hi,
    i'm Marco Salatin. I'm italian student.
    i will try UDOO.

10. syl2078

syl2078 New Member

Hi
    My name is sylvain, I am 24 years old and I am an engineer in mecatronics in a small firm.
    My hobby is the model making (aircraft, multirotor, robot ).
    I thing the very interesting UDOO board for my work and my hobby.

My experience in Linux is close to 0 contrary to the programming of microcontroleur where I manage

Best regards

Sylvain

11. Sala88

Sala88 New Member

Hi, i'm an italian student.
    i like robotics and i create a roboticsportal: www.roboticsportal.it

i think UDOO will help in robotics. :)

12. htsauce

htsauce New Member

hello. im vince

hello, im vince
    i reside in northern Califorina, and currently attend ITT studdying for a degree in computer and electronics engeneering,
    i am amazed and enlightened with the oppourtunitiys the UDOO borad with open,

im ordering one for my capstone project with compleetion of my cource,

im attempting to make a pursila type of a 3d printer utilizing the UDOO with according arduino duo RAMP shelds

i work in full scale pc repair (with the excption of reflow/reballing) <in persuit of certifications>

i have a few other projects lined up for the udoo board maped out and weaghting , im estatic i dont have to bridge rasberry pi and arduino,
    the developers are amazing for this revoulnary device,
    following the kickstarter from 1k, to now, its quite obvious, udoo will go verry far.

13. ebito

ebito New Member

Hi,

I'm an engineer from germany. Actually I use a RPI and the APC8750.
    I'm awaiting my UDOO eagerly ;)

bye

14. Setola

Setola New Member

Hi all guys,
    I'm Emanuele, a tech enthusiast and definitely a nerd :)
    I work as web developer, but my next learning topic is home automation systems.

I backed UDOO project cause it's perfect for my experiments aimed to make my house smarter than ever...
    Also I've some ideas on how to integrate an automotive computer on my car...

I really can't wait to put my hands on my brand new UDOO board...
    An high five to all people involved in this project!!!

cheers!

15. uberlinuxgeek

uberlinuxgeek New Member

Hello,
    I am so excited by this project. I have been looking high and low for a project board that is of this type. I am currently running a pcDuino that is an attempt at a Arduino UNO and Cortex powered pc in one, but is not fully developed or documented and left me looking for more. And this is it, already far more documentation exists even before this is released. I work with the Arduino UNO a fair amount and by adding the due features takes me to the next step. Can't wait to be in my hand with a quad. Look forward to all the forum activity to learn from as well.
    Tom

16. juncaofish

juncaofish New Member

Hi! I'm also a software developer and electronics enthusiast, been doing stuff with Arduino and Raspberry Pi for a while now...

I'm quited excited at such a powerful device as UDOO with such a small size.

There's no doubt that we can play with UDOO in limitless ways.

One year ago, I tried to connect Windows Kinect with Raspberry Pi. I searched all related resource, but it failed with no solutions. I'm hoping UDOO can manage with this task.

17. AdiN

AdiN New Member

Hi all

I'm Adrian.
    Hardware engineer from Romania and I'm working in Germany.
    I really can't wait to receive my UDOO board..

Cheers,

18. mkopack

mkopack Member

I attempted to get the Kinect working on the RPi as well... No luck. I'm hoping for more success on the UDoo.. I'm really hoping to use this for part of the main control board for a telepresence robot I've been working on on and off, and really want to try to get ROS installed and running on it. Some folks finally got ROS running on the RPi but just barely... and not everything I need on it.

19. Lunik

Lunik New Member

Hi.
    I'm a developer, in my early days I started studies of electronics. Now in my free time I like to make things with arduino.
    I hope to learn a lot and be able to help in any way possible...
    Greetings,
    Fco. Andrade

20. Deffe

Deffe New Member

Hi UDOOers,

I'm an electronics engineers developing FPGA components for the world leader in this area.
    My spare time, if any, goes to all kind of hobby projects.
    I'm living and working in Belgium.

Kind regards,

Marc