Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. simmisj

simmisj New Member

Hi. I am a software engineer from Iceland.
    I am going to use my Udoo as a media server and as a data server for other networked projects I make.

Cheers!

2. armanm

armanm New Member

Hi,

My name is Arman and I would like to introduce myself as a proud owner of a brand new Udoo dual board.

Would love to post some feedback to the forum. Please approve my account :)

Thanks

3. celtic762

celtic762 New Member

Hello fellow Udooers. I just received my Udoo yesterday and followed the getting started instructions without any incident. It connects with my network and school wifi with no problems. I'm using my Udoo now typing out this post! I did the classic blink sketch and uploaded it without any results. After about an hour of searching the Internet for instructions on reseting the Atmel cpu it occured to me to check the LED. It was burned out. Two lessons learned: always check the simple stuff and throw the junk out not don't place it back into the parts bin :oops: :roll:

Cheers for now,
    Marc F.

4. waterbury

waterbury New Member

Hi, I'm Ted.

5. celtic762

celtic762 New Member

Hello udooers. It seems my last post (first post) did not stick so here goes again. I'm using my freshly unboxed Udoo to browse this forum. I've cut the cable clutter by using a wireless usb keyboard and mouse. What is most interesting to note is the compete lack of fan noise :eek: The quad udoo booted right up and connected to my wired network with any drama. Its also able to slide into my works secure wireless network as soon as I present the appropriate credentials. Very impressive indeed.

Next I tried the Arduino IDE with a quick blink sketch and was diasapointed by the lack of LED activity on pin 13. An hour later I thought to check the LED and sure enough it was defective .... check the obious first :oops: My other sketches and boards work with some slight code modifications. Right now I'm thinking how easy it might be to integrate my RFID shield with an Android app for point of sale I think my wife would like that one.

I was also wondering if there are any Canadians in Udoo land. If so drop me a line.

Cheers
    Marc Fournier

6. techbutler

techbutler New Member

Hi,

I'm John...looking forward to Arduino programming. Hopefully now I can get some questions answered in the forum.

7. HixVAC

HixVAC New Member

Hi my name's VAC and I have a problem....oh wait, definitely wrong place for that. :D I'm a Product Engineer for IBM and I just got my UDOO and I'm lookin forward to doing something (anything) cool with it

8. drummr

drummr New Member

Hey everyone!

I'm Jorge Hinojosa, a student at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. I will be using my UDOO for prototyping in what possibly could turn into a business endeavour.

My UDOO arrived today!

I plan on being very involved with the community. I'm relatively new to all of this, so hopefully I'll be able to do what I want to get out of UDOO!

9. gosciak

gosciak New Member

Hi, I'm a retired software engineer from Michigan, USA.
    I spent most of my career doing embedded programming in the Aerospace and Material Handling industries.
    I have a number if Raspberry Pi's and Arduino's. Looking forward to work9ing with my UDOO Quad.
    My project interest venters around integrating software on these micro devices with apps running on iOS devices from Apple.

10. mbizin

mbizin New Member

Hi everyone!

My name is Murilo Bizin, from Campinas, Brazil. I am 22 years old and I am a graduating in IT on Unicamp. This is the first crowdfunding project I backed.

My experience with Arduino has not been lasting, but I really loved it. Now I expect to change this.
    I've intermidiate experience with Linux and Android development.

I've received my Udoo Dual 2 days ago and I am so excited to start my projects and get involved with the community.

Let start, to building stuff!

Regards, Murilo Bizin

11. trunet

trunet New Member

Hi, my name is Wagner and I want to post new topics on forum. Please, approve! :D

12. Kris

Kris Member

Hi,
    I'm a mechanical engineering student at the University of Washington and specializing in mechatronics. I'm also the design and manufacturing engineer for a local longboard company. I got a Udoo Dual as an early kickstarter supporter, but now that I've used it a bit, I've ordered up a Quad as well.

13. phuh

phuh New Member

Hi, I am a software engineer from Canada. I have little to zero experience in HW but bought UDOO to start learning about it. :cool:

14. unsigned

unsigned New Member

Hi, I'm an IT student in Turin, IT.
    I'm intrested in linux kernel development, embedded platform and I'm an ARMfag.
    I think I was one of the first kickstarter, when I've found you you didn't had already reach the goal LOL

15. getinbalcony

getinbalcony New Member

Hi,

I am an electronics student in Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal. I'm interested in image processing and recognition with opencv to apply on some robotics and autonomous projects.

I really hope UDOO can help me on that with good fps for a self driving car competition.

16. IUDOOdoU

IUDOOdoU New Member

Hi,
    I'm an engineer working in Maryland. I've worked with different microcontrollers and thought this would be a really cool project board. Currently thinking of using the UDOO for a biofeedback trainer. Still forming the concept at this point.

17. lewisstrauss

lewisstrauss New Member

Hello, I would like to start programming in java applications for Android. According to you UDOO board can be a useful and versatile tool for programming Android?
    I can connect the sensors to the board and interact with these sensors from a java application on Android?

Thanks in advance

18. wsurferdude

wsurferdude New Member

Hi,
    My name is John and recently, in the past year, taken up an interest in small devices... Arduino, Pi, etc. I'm an iPhone/Android developer, but my career for the past 30 years has been mainly in Microsoft Visual Studio and believe it or not, dBase/Clipper before that :). Mostly logistics programming for time sensitive delivery via USPS for Advo (now Vallasis). I've always been interested in robotics and small controllers of which I did some work for Sony of America. Semi-Retired now and have come back to my Linux roots with Ubuntu. I have purchased a quad UDOO and hope to start designing interfaces to robotic devices for 3D scanning and printing. I hope to brush up my skills using the UDOO. Right now I'm trying to setup communications, SSH and VNC on the UDOO but having some difficulty installing/using tightvncserver... SSH, no problems. If anyone has any advice on installing VNC, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hobbies... Windsurfing, Rock Climbing...

Thanks,
    John - wsurferdude
    jc@pcpros.com

19. matteo rasera

matteo rasera New Member

hello,I'm Matteo and I've got a udoo quad , how can I connect my lcd panel to udoo with cable lvds?
    Someone can help me? Thanks

20. valmanza83

valmanza83 New Member

hey everyone,

im from chicago, IL. Electronics and computers are my hobby and have been since birth (literally). I look forward working with the udoo quad for my portable media needs (IE car-puter).

Just a rhetorical question, but does anyone else thing that this udoo, software specific, was sent out half baked? just throwing it out there. Also it should have been 2gb ram instead of 1. Really! what were you guys thinking!?