Kernel panic when switching to 7" touch screen - SOLVED

Discussion in 'Android' started by altomelto, May 28, 2014.

1. altomelto

altomelto New Member

Hello, I've recently acquired a UDOO with the 7" touchscreen meant to be used as the primary video output. I've succesfully flashed the ubuntu SD and had the 7" run, but the desktop environment is not well suited for such a small monitor, thus I'm opting for android.

I've succesfully flashed the android SD, and it boots correctly in HDMI mode, but when I change the environment variables as the guide indicates:

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WVGA,if=RGB666,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:eek:ff video=mxcfb2:eek:ff fbmem=28M vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale mem=1024M

I get a kernel panic during boot. If I don't saveenv it recovers at the next boot (but with HDMI output obviously), and if I saveenv I can't recover even if I then re-set the environment to the HDMI suggested one.

Does anyone have a clue about how to fix this glitch?

Thanks a bundle.

2. altomelto

altomelto New Member

I had to re-flash the SD from a windows machine. My emulated windows under mac and my Maverics osX would not allow the created SD to boot properly.