List of known issues and a way to solve them

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Andrea Rovai, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

@ftollenaar: you need to poll it for now, x,y,z are the values. These days one of my colleague is working on the sensors, any hint/feedback is appreciated.
    @Richard McCausland: have you followed the guide, installed the drivers etc? Especially the drivers part.
    @Sebastian Himberger: you may have a bad SD, could you try reflashing it?
    @Minitechnicus: Rasbian and Win10IoTCore are not supported.
    @mdoan7: what's the name of such power barrel connector? voltage? is it our power supply? have you tried with another power supply to exclude a hardware problem?
    @JackSilb: you say the board needs you to press the reset button if you leave it unplugged for several hours. Never happened here. Can someone else confirm this problem or give us his feedback about it?
    @montella: your problems about bricks-connectors are solved in the documentation
    for what concerns question number 2 you should be able to save the configuration indeed. Can someone else confirm this?
    @Marco Schiff:
    Code:
    sudo chown udooer:udooer /home/udooer/Desktop
    If you type this it works

2. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

Thanks for adding my problem to the list @Andrea Rovai.
    I would like to add that, apart from this strange behaviour of localhost in Neo Basic's browser, I also tried to power on Neo Basic and to control it via HDMI cable and USB mouse, and from Linux if I try to power on Bluetooth it doesn't work (remains off), and in Network I don't have the ability to choose a wifi network, only to add manually a network, which I can't do since I don't have a USB keyboard (I don't know if this is intended behaviour or known issue).

EDIT
    a user from Kickstarter seems to have my identical problem:
    Niv Ben-porath about 15 hours ago
    @creator. Got my UDOO in Israel. Thanks!
    [...] I connected it to my MAC with USB after downloading the required SW. I go to 192.168.7.2 I see the main page but when I click on any button, I a "Safari can't connect to the server" message. [...]

even if he mentions he's trying to connect via USB direct connection instead of with VNC, but the issue seems the same.

3. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I also get a similar behaviour connecting with Direct USB Connection: I connect Neo Basic with USB to the Macbook, and from Safari I open the address udooneo.local.
    The Web Configuration Panel appears, this time I'm able to go into Configuration, select my WiFi network, enter the password, and then again udooneo.local becomes unreachable.

4. euJi

euJi New Member

i confirm the third problem on Win Seven.
    after selecting the wifi it does not react and i am not able to upload any local link, ip etc..

just a few add on this morning:
    i tried everything both on win 7 and ubuntu 14.04 and no success. i am trying again with a new image on the SD since up to know i used the basic one.

Last but not least, on VNC i cannot connect on wifi: it sees the wifi connection but when i click on it it says "failed to add/activate connections
    (32) not authorised to control networking"

solutions?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  5. Andrea Rovai

Dear @Vinz87, are you sure you're connected to the same network you connected the board?
    Have you changed the name of your board? If yes, reboot and udooneolocal will become "nameoftheboardyounamed.local"

6. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I try to explain it better.
    The board is not connected to any wifi. I don't find any way to make it connect to any wifi (which is the only way to have internet connection since it's a Neo Basic).
    1. connected to Macbook with USB cable, I log into the board via VNC, I type "localhost" in Chromium, I see the Web Configuration Panel, click on "configuration", and "localhost" disappears (like a website when you're offline). It becomes reachable again only after rebooting the board.
    2. connected to Macbook with USB cable, I type "udooneo.local" (I didn't change the board name) in Safari, I see the Web Configuration Panel, click on "configuration", Next, I pick the same network to which the Macbook is connected, type the password, click Next, and "udooneo.local" disappears (like a website when you're offline). It becomes reachable again only after rebooting the board.
    3. connected to Macbook with USB cable, I log into the board via VNC, click on Preferences - Network Connections, there is no existing WiFi network listed. If I try to manually add a new WiFi connection, all fields are greyed (but I remember you explained this is normal, it's not possible to change this through VNC).
    4. connected to Macbook with USB cable, and to a monitor with HDMI cable and USB mouse, click on Preferences - Network Connections, again there is no existing WiFi network listed. This time fields for manually adding a new WiFi network are editable, but I'm not able to edit them since I don't have a USB keyboard. I do have a Bluetooth keyboard, but
    5. if I go to Bluetooth management in Preferences (I don't remember the exact name) and click on the option to turn on Bluetooth, it doesn't work and it stays switched off.
    This is my personal list of issues, hope it helps. Apart from this I tested a basic Arduino sketch and it works. The main problem for me is that with all these issues I can't have any Internet connection on the board.

7. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I tried to reproduce this problem in Windows 7, it has the same behaviour.

8. Duncan Stewart

Duncan Stewart New Member

Received udooneo last week, going through the basic configuration via Windows7 usb interface. I'm trying to set it up for WiFi but no networks are showing up in the Web Configuration Panel - I only see the Password: field, no list of available networks. There are several WiFi networks around, any thoughts on why they're not showing up?

I was able to scrounge up an HDMI monitor, so I'll go back to that, but WiFi is my endgoal.

Alas, after udooer login, the text / disclaimer (I can make out 'ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY', at least) is gibberish, aside from the date (which is off by 18 days) - perhaps micro sd flash didn't go as well as I thought? Well, on second boot, at least, the login time changed to Jan 1, 2015 and includes a legible "ome to Ubunto 14.04.3 LTS..." The screen appears to be shifted 4 characters (too far) right, and I end up at a command prompt.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  9. Bhargav K

Bhargav K New Member

Do you have a Arduino sketch for this? Wire.library fails to fetch X,Y,Z values from 0X1E for me

10. Duncan Stewart

Duncan Stewart New Member

It looks like the last prompt is: udooer@udoodu:~$ ('udoodu' being the board name) -- I flashed this on Friday, are there any known issues with that image, and/or any thoughts around getting the WiFi network to appear on the Configuration page in headless config?

Duncan

11. Andrea Rovai

Dear Duncan, please check the SHA-1 and eventually reflash the image you got, there was a corrupted image before.

12. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

Dear @Andrea Rovai , is anyone looking into the issues I reported some days ago? Should you need any other detail, please let me know, thank you.

13. eRJe

eRJe New Member

I can't connect to the UDOO....

1) MacBook with OS X El Capitan can't connect through USB (problem is already mentioned in this thread). Also the disk is continuously disconnected/connected.
    2) On a Windows 10 laptop I can connect through USB, but the webpage disappears after x seconds (and I have to reboot the UDOO NEO). This is also mentioned in this thread.
    3) If I click very fast to enter the wifi password in the controlpanel (on the Windows 10 laptop) I get an error. This is also mentioned in this thread.
    4) Connecting through ethernet doesn't work. My managed switch says that there is no cable connected.

Nothing works... USB, Wifi and Ethernet :(

14. mdoan7

mdoan7 New Member

The power supply came from SECO (beta program) Model: FJ-SW0503000U. 5.0V/3A. I've tried with a second supply with no improvement.

15. SunyDays

SunyDays New Member

In order to connect to WiFi or Ethernet try 'sudo nm-connect-editor' and setup connection.

16. Andrea Rovai

@Vinz87 We checked your problems. The real problem is that that driver does not work on El Capitan, as its author says. Now please give me the good news that you have El Capitan on your Mac :)

17. Daniel Andújar Lorenzo

Daniel Andújar Lorenzo New Member

Hello everyone!
    I have a problem associated with the servo library.

In file included from motors.ino:1:0:
    /usr/share/arduino/libraries/Servo/src/Servo.h:67:2: error: #error "This library only supports boards with an AVR or SAM processor."
    #error "This library only supports boards with an AVR or SAM processor."
    Error compiling.

What can I do to solve it?

Thanks

18. Cyril BOSSELUT

Cyril BOSSELUT New Member

I've search in Servo.h and Servo.cpp and i think that it should be the avr-libc (included line 45 of Servo.cpp) which does not support the M4 processor. May we need to fork the lib to add support.

19. Cyril BOSSELUT

Cyril BOSSELUT New Member

I was looking on Servo.h on my computer which is different from the one on UDOO. I found that a constant for the arch is not defined :

// Architecture specific include
    #if defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_AVR)
    #include "avr/ServoTimers.h"
    #elif defined(ARDUINO_ARCH_SAM)
    #include "sam/ServoTimers.h"
    #else
    #error "This library only supports boards with an AVR or SAM processor."
    #endif

If i'm right, the IMX6 is an evolution of the SAM3X M3 so this may works with ARDUINO_ARCH_SAM.

20. eRJe

eRJe New Member

Thanx, I have configured the Wifi connection with this command.

But: I can't see the Ethernet connection in the list. If I type ifconfig, I only see the following connections:

Code:
    lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
              inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
              inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
              RX packets:85 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:85 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
              RX bytes:8339 (8.3 KB)  TX bytes:8339 (8.3 KB)

usb0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4e:71:9e:98:d0:d2
              inet addr:192.168.7.2  Bcast:192.168.7.3  Mask:255.255.255.252
              UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 74:da:ea:98:d0:d2
              inet addr:192.168.2.136  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
              inet6 addr: fe80::76da:eaff:fe98:d0d2/64 Scope:Link
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:3702 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:5602 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:275741 (275.7 KB)  TX bytes:5765945 (5.7 MB)