Maximum current on CN24 5V pins

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by G3WGV, Nov 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. G3WGV

G3WGV UDOOer

Does anyone know the approximate maximum current draw on the 5V_OUT pins on the Arduino interface connector, CN24? I am designing a PCB that needs 5V at around 150mA. My guess is that would be fine but I don't want to have to redesign the PCB if it isn't!

Any insight appreciated.

John

2. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

My guess is also that would be ok as the 5V does not come from the Arduino it self but by the USB it is connected on and should be able to provide 500mA (or 1A if it has the official Leonardo regulator NCP1117ST50T3G and it is connected to a different power source inside), but can not be sure what circuitry exists or not and how it is all connected without the schematics. When I get time might check the traces or the existance of the regulator my self but am unable at this time.

G3WGV likes this.
  3. G3WGV

G3WGV UDOOer

That's very helpful Nick, thank you. It seems an odd omission that such information is not in the user manual. I tried to find the Bolt schematics and at one time they were apparently available but now the links dead end, so no joy.

My Bolt is physically rather deeply embedded in its project, so it's not easy for me to check it out. I've reached a compromise: I'll put a header on my board that permits linking my 5V load to the CN24 5V or to an external source. It gives me a bit more flexibility, so it's probably no bad thing.