Motion sensors don't work

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Leonel, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Leonel

Leonel New Member

Hi friends!

I am trying to get all values from motion sensor (accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer) but I can't get them.

I created some folders into sensors folder and then run the bash script but it doesn't work.
    Also I tried to execute i2cset but I get an error "Write failed"

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You should not create those folders, the implementation should have created these folders for you. If you have created them yourself it will not work.

Did you do start from a fresh and updated udoobuntu 2?

3. Leonel

Leonel New Member

Yes, I am using udooubuntu 2.1.4. When I was trying to get the values I had en error that "Folder or file doesn't exist" and when I am suing web configure the sensors values don't appear into the sensors section.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

That doesn't look promising. In the web config page it should work. Are you sure you have a Neo with sensors? The Neo Basic does not have sensors. The Neo type is also shown in the web config.

5. Leonel

Leonel New Member

I have the full neo. Look at this.
    NAME udooneo
    MODEL UDOO Neo Full
    ID 203451D4E3167FD

Attached Files:

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Could be something wrong with the Udoobuntu 2.1.4 release. You better ask customer care support: https://www.udoo.org/customer-care/ but they are closed this week due to holidays.
    I can not help you futher, I have a Neo Basic (No sensors). Perhaps someone else here can check with the latest Udoobuntu version if sensors are avialable in Linux?

As an alternative you could check if they are available on the arduino side: https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Arduino_M4_Processor/Controlling_9-axis_motion_sensors.html