Multi million dollar idea for Udoo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kenny, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Hello! first and foremost allow me to say that I am a huge fan of what you guys are doing in the single board computer market, unfortunately I have not been able to afford one but I love the performance of yours from the reviews and stuff ive seen. Anyways here is my idea, if you guys include either a full pcie 16x slot or another m.2 mpcie or nvme so someone can run a exp gdc with a external gpu you would be able to market them as a "gaming AIO" in such a small form factor the only thing is if you did the full pcie 3.0 lane you would need to include like a 300-500W power supply to power both the gpu and the sbc another way to reach a "gaming aio" in such a small form factor and avoiding the m.2 or pcie lane would be putting the new ryzen 3000 series chips in a sbc because of the onboard video but that would raise your cost a lot because not only would you have to use a more expensive cpu but ram too because it does not support ddr3l that I know of. if you do decide to use my idea all I ask is please send me a few of them, I am disabled and doubt ill ever be able to afford one. Also you guys are the first I have told this idea too so if you don't use it please let me know so I can tell someone else. I truly believe if you spent the research time it can really benefit your company. I believe single board computers are the futures of computers and believe here soon I believe some one is going to corner the market on such a device there is already proof of concept with late panda and others on youtube.
    I wish all of your staff and company all the blessings in the world much love your guys way,
    Kenny

2. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Ciao Kenny, thank you for sharing this idea with us.
    At the moment your idea it's impossible to realize with UDOO BOLT. The Ryzen v1000 processor has 16 PCIe lanes but they are used for other features, so in order to do what you suggested we should give up some of those (like Ethernet, M.2 for Wifi module, M.2 key B.

You can see what we're doing with it here! It's a good idea anyway, we're going to see if we can do something using other solutions.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer