Neo doesn't appear as USB drive [Solved]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by nophead, Oct 30, 2015.

1. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Got my Neo today. When I connect it to USB a green light comes on and that is all? Should I follow the instructions on the box instead of the ones in the email that said to read instructions from the USB.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. nophead

nophead UDOOer

I read as well as the USB mass storage emulation it is supposed to serve web pages, etc. Is this all without an SD card or was it supposed to come with one?

3. nophead

nophead UDOOer

I tried a different USB cable and now it does appear as a USB device in Win7, but an HID input device, not an RNDIS network device or mass storage.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  4. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Added a 12V 2A PSU but still only appears as a HID device.

5. nophead

nophead UDOOer

So I ignored the email and followed the instructions on the packet which are to download an image and put it on an SD card. Works fine then. The only reason I didn't do this in the first place was the update email that says
    • we put instructions inside the package: don't follow the instructions about udooneo.local; instead, when you connect the MicroUSB you'll see UDOO Neo as it was an USB key. Open the unit. Inside you'll find a file named "quickstart.html" with all the instructions to start playing; for the documentation, open the "docs" folder and click on the file named "index.html";
    This makes no sense because it doesn't do anything without an SD card.

6. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi there nophead,
    if you actually follow the abovementioned instructions you'll end up writing an image on your Micro SD as well. Give a look at the Docs and you'll see I'm not wrong on this.

7. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Sorry I interpreted the email as ignore everything written on the box and follow the instructions on the USB instead. Actually it means follow the box steps 1 - 3 and just ignore step 4. I was surprised that you could have docs on the board without an SD card and indeed they aren't.

8. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Yes, now you got it right. I thought the latest update was clear, sorry nophead :(