No device found on ttymxc3

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheBigS, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TheBigS

TheBigS New Member

Help!

I was playing with my udoo tonight and everything was going ok, but there were signs of trouble, every now and again I'd get an error

but I'd just hit send again and it would work.

Now everytime I try to run a sketch, I get the error. I've rebooted the entire udoo, unplugged power for 60 secs, then fresh booted, no luck.

Any advice?

2. TheBigS

TheBigS New Member

Sorry, I'm a software engineer, this is my first journey into anything hardware related so please excuse my lack of technical terms here:

The processor that doesn't have the heatsink on it (its says ATMEL, ARM on it), is REALLY warm, like almost uncomfortable to keep my finger on it. I hadn't touched this chip before this problem arose, but I'd be surprised if it was suppose to get this warm.

3. smokinjoev

smokinjoev New Member

I have seen this on the Debian distro. Even using a port search via terminal does not reveal this port. There may be some bug that manifests from time to time. I am a little bummed by it, the debian distro is by far the strongest with regards to user interface.

Try another distro and see if you have the same problems. I can confirm the Ubuntu package sees my Arduino just fine.

4. TheBigS

TheBigS New Member

This is on the Ubuntu distro. I'll try the Debian just to make sure the problem still exists there.

5. AndersP

AndersP New Member

Hi
    I've got the same problem while uploading code to the UDOO. I'm continuously getting this error: "No device found on tty.SLAB_USBtoUART". I off course worked fine for the first 3-4 hours1. Has only been playing with the UDOO for a day.
    (My UDOO is the quad with a heatsink!)
    Anybody got an idea?

6. TheBigS

TheBigS New Member

Same thing for me, it was like 3 hours of only intermitted problems uploading, now it happens every time. I'm going to try the Debian distro tonight and see if that helps.

7. TheBigS

TheBigS New Member

No luck with the debian distro either, I'm pursuing an RMA now.