OS X - Serial Tools - SLAB_USBtoUART not in list . . .

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Simsy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Simsy

Simsy New Member

Hello All,

I'm trying get the serial debug working with a Macbook Pro running 10.9.5 and UDOO Quad following these instructions:
    http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... ial-cable/

I've install serial tools and then SLAB_USBtoUART driver "Silicon Labs VCP Driver Installer".

With UDOO running and connect to laptop using USB cable into CN3 with J18 jumper in place I get this list of serial ports . . .

Manual implies that "SLAB_USBtoUART" should appear in the list but it doesn't . . .

If I go ls /dev/ in terminal is also doesn't appear . . .

Any thought / ideas ?

Attached Files:

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

3. Simsy

Simsy New Member

Hi delba,

I've installed CoolTeam but it's no different to other program, 'SLAB_USBtoUART' doesn't appear in list.

To prove the software worked I program a separate Arduino to reply with what it receives via serial and provide this worked using the Arduino Serial monitor. I then Tried to use Cool Term to open serial interface with Arduino using below setting:

I got the following Error Message:

Attached Files:

4. Simsy

Simsy New Member

I also noticed that when I connect UDOO to my Mac with USB cable the following appears in system preferences

This would imply that UDOO's USB interface is working on some level . . . but either is in the wrong mode or drivers aren't installed properly . . .

Surely 'SLAB_USBtoUART' need to appear if you type 'ls /dev/' into terminal before it appears in Cool Term ?

Attached Files: