Please add 8GB SD with OS to the Shop -would save a of time

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rootScript, Jan 31, 2014.

1. rootScript

rootScript Member

I am sure that many people who dont buy the starter kit do it because they have 90% of it already. I think you should sell a formatted SD card with Android, or Linux etc.. in the store.

So many of us have wasted time going round in circles when our Udoos dont boot, reflashing SD cards, Serial debugging, over and over.
    When you cant boot an OS, you try Serial debugging, if you have no output in the Serial Terminal, supports suggests that you have not formatted your card properly. How many time I have formatted different cards with different OS over and over, and still no Serial Terminal output, and no boot screen.

I have followed the guides very carefully, read lots of forum posts, and followed all the relevant trouble shooting guides, and I am sitting here with an Udoo that has not worked from the moment I received it (and probably did not work ever). Does every board get tested before it is sent out? (My white test sticker on my board is blank)

I think it would save customers and support staff a lot of time to offer in the Store an Udoo, with the option of a tested formatted OS Sd card.

From my own experience, I am going to buy all the accessories, so that there is no doubt that if the product does not work, i wont have to waste 2 days, going back and forward with support, and searching the forums for many hours.

2. rootScript

rootScript Member

Re: Please add 8GB SD with OS to the Shop -would save a of t

Alternatively, it would be very useful to have a simple software tool or script (Windows, Linux, Osx) to verify the microSD card has been written correctly.

Best Regards to All,
    Carlos

3. rootScript

rootScript Member

Re: Please add 8GB SD with OS to the Shop -would save a of t

On the downloads page it shows the checksum SHA-1: 3a52d286051a7efd7b24fd3ae7ed3c53c16cb783 for the udoo_quad_ubuntu1204_v2.0.zip
    To verify that the .img file that is unpacked from the .zip is correctly without error. Can you also state on the Downloads Page what the SHA-1 checksum of udoo_quad_ubuntu1204_v2.0.img is, please?

In case it help someone else on OSX, to verify the SHA-1 checksum of a file, open a terminal, navigate to the location of the file, and type:
    Code:
    openssl sha1 udoo_quad_ubuntu1204_v2.0.zip
    which should return:
    Code:
    SHA1(udoo_quad_ubuntu1204_v2.0.zip)= 3a52d286051a7efd7b24fd3ae7ed3c53c16cb783

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member