Plex Media Player

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by huebert, Aug 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. huebert

huebert New Member

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone is using the UDOO X86 as a plex media player? I am running windows 10 and the plex media player app. The performance is not ideal and the voice is constantly out of sync.

Anyone else run into this on their UDOO?

2. dbeedle

dbeedle New Member

I'm running Plex on Ubuntu Server on the UDOO X86. I have not noticed any our of sync issues and it seems to work well. I'm not a heavy user but what I have used did not have problems.

In my case, the OS is installed on an M2 drive with paging on the internal storage. It almost never pages anyway. The media is stored on a NAS and mounted on the Ubuntu Server while the Plex database is on the M2. The UDOO also runs a NextCloud server and a forked-daapd server to send music to a SoundBridge device. Again, I'm not a heavy used of these overall but I have not seen any issues. Could be Windows is causing you some problems.

waltervl likes this.
  3. Michael Wellman

Michael Wellman New Member

I use mine to run Plex almost every day. I never have any problems with it at all. My Udoo is the Ultra and plex is running as a client, all the data is on my main computer running plex server. I am running the newest version of plex. The ONLY problem I have is that the HDMI is only outputting stereo. I can NOT get it to give me anything other than stereo.