Poor quality blowing sound on UDOO Q/DL

Discussion in 'Android' started by agl, Feb 14, 2017.

1. agl

agl New Member

Hi all,

I am working both with the Udoo Dual and the Udoo Quad and I have some noise.

Using headphones or an amplifier+speakers (on the on-board audio output) results in a very poor quality blowing sound.

I have tried the UDOO-Android-6.0.1-R2.img ROM and I have also re-builded AOSP/Uboot-imx/Linux-imx.

How can I get rid of it ? Following this thread http://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/audio-noise.5027/
    it may be related to some configuration files to modify...

Thanks in advance,

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. agl

agl New Member

Hi waltervl,
    Thanks for your ROM. Interesting work !
    Unfortunately, I still have the blowing sound with it. I know that it's not coming from a particular board because I have tested it on several Dual and Quad. The only solution I have for the moment, is to use a USB sound card... But it's frustrating not using the sound directly on-board.
    There must be something to do... the sound on-board do not reach a sufficient quality to be amplified (for a media center for example).

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

It is not my work but @secuflag Perhaps he has an idea?

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

6. agl

agl New Member

Hi waltervl,
    I was saying "do not reach a sufficient quality" ... not "there is no sound at all". :) I can listen to my mp3 but the quality is terrible.
    Still searching for a solution. I have to keep for now this external USB sound card (and the quality is good) but it's frustrating considering the price of the UDOO Q or DL...