Programming Language?

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by Ryan, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Hi

I'm pretty new to the ARM architecture, and Linux too. Bought a UDOO last week, and awaiting it's delivery.

Don't want to sound stupid, but i'm wanting to create some software to run upon it, just wondering what language i'm better writing it in.

I was told C++ would be the most suited, but just looking at other options too..

Thanks!

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Depends on your skills, experiences, what you have in mind and any other considerations such as cross-platform etc.

What languages do you already know (if any)? Tell us more of the scenario if you can.

3. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Okay, well what i'm wanting to build, is a basic home automation system, which incorporates previous work i've done using Java, C# and Arduino. Using RF modules, I have been collecting temperature data from the house, and I want to display it on the screen, along with that i've been playing around with some light switches hoping to get them working too using a jeenode micro. A sort of plug and play HA system.

Essentially all I need the software i'm creating to do, is send and receive data from the serial port, and display it. I'll be creating a nice gui to go with it too. I'm just trying to figure out what language i'll need to improve my skills on to complete this.

Thanks

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

5. Kumar Rahul

Kumar Rahul New Member

Hello,
    Thanks for sharing this information.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2022