Resolution Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaeg, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jaeg

jaeg Member

On my screen the UDOO says it can only be set to 1280x720 and at this resolution it cuts the sides of of the view. My particular TV doesn't have any overscan settings. I've been trying to modify the xconfig file and using xrandr to set the resolution manually but I keep getting and the error “virtual size does not fit available size” maximum = 1280x720 minimum = 1280x720.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I've been following this guide here: http://anhe51.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/change-resolution-of-unknown-monitor-in-ubuntu-11-10/

2. IUDOOdoU

IUDOOdoU New Member

And on a different topic, what touchscreen monitors work with the UDO Quad?

3. jaeg

jaeg Member

If you need to use the phrase "And on a different topic" it should probably be put in a different topic. lol

So far from what I've gathered in my exploits I'm not able to stably edit the xorg.conf file (probably my fault) to support the TV's optimal resolution. For now I'm going to just use it as is until I happen to find a fix by chance.

4. andcmp

andcmp New Member

What kind of TV are you using? Have you tried with a different display and or different HDMI cable?

5. jaeg

jaeg Member

It's a cheap Emerson tv on my desktop it works best at 1115x648. It works fine on another larger Emerson tv but that TV has a better resolution range.

6. miousername

miousername New Member

Try changing bootargs resolution for hdmi frame buffer.

If you have the serial console connected you can find this setting at uboot starting, with the command:

printenv