running Qt and opencv applications on UDOO Quad

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by Tannyveer, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Tannyveer

Tannyveer New Member

Hi
    My name is tanny im a research scholar of Dept.of Electronics, S.K.University, Anantapur, (A.P), India
    I want to interface udoo camera to udoo quad and run the applications such as face recognition and video processing using openCV or Matlab.
    Is it possible to do that applications on this udoo board. If it possible please guide me. I ordered the udoo quad and udoo camera last week.
    Please also suggest me to how to insatll Qt 5, Opencv on UDOO Quad Board.

2. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

Yes, you can.
    Options:
    1-You need install S.O. Debian, best with GPU support, and follow Rapsberry Pi tutorials of Raspbian+OpenCV. You can by cross-compile or in udoo with swap partition or a usb stick or sd reader. Is very important install dependences on right order. See tutorials.
    2-You can install S.O. ubuntu raring, but no GPU support for this S.O. maybe you can compile your uboot,kerner for able GPU support, i dont now how, and ROS, this last include build-in OpenCV. ROS is a O.S. for robots, support c++ and python languages for interact with openCV.
    Excuse me for not put links, but is very ease found tutorials searching on google.

Excuse me english, i hope you can undersand me.

3. Tannyveer

Tannyveer New Member

Hi
    I got the udoo quad last week still iam not understood how to do my face recognition application with this board please clearly suggested me to do my application as soon as possible. I downloaded Debain wheezy preinstalled os form udoo site. But i cant do the further. I struck very badly.