SAM-BA Error *solved*

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by schmidtbag, Dec 24, 2013.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag New Member

I can't seem to upload anything from the USB port without getting the SAM-BA error. I have the UDOO powered up from a separate source, and I have the USB cable connected to a separate PC. The results seem to vary. Below is the best I got with the "blink" sketch:
    Code:
    Sketch uses 10,228 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524,288 bytes.
    Erase flash
    Write 10308 bytes to flash

[                              ] 0% (0/41 pages)
    [=======                       ] 24% (10/41 pages)
    [==============                ] 48% (20/41 pages)

[=====================         ] 73% (30/41 pages)
    SAM-BA operation failed
    Usually, it fails at 10/41 pages. I have tried using the Erase jumper, both while the UDOO was powered and when it was off.

Any ideas of why this might be happening? I'd like to point out I'm able to upload to an Arduino Mega 1280 on the same computer without any problems.

Also as a couple side questions, can I power just the Arduino portion with the USB port, or do I need to power up everything else too? Normally these are able to be powered by just USB but I don't know if there is an electrical difference.

Also, in the Arduino IDE, does it matter which Due I pick from the Board list?

2. hillcz

hillcz Member

Re: SAM-BA Error

I had the same problem when was not inserted sd card.
    Now i use patched version bossac without problem.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag New Member

Re: SAM-BA Error

It seems I have a new issue, where it says "no device found on ttyUSB0". This happened before and after the bossac patch (though, I'm using Arch so someone may have already patched it). I have detached J18. I'm guessing the arduino half is bricked due to too many failures trying to upload. Is there a way to reset it?