sata power lead

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by peter247, Mar 10, 2014.

1. peter247

peter247 New Member

Hi just got my Udoo today from rapid in the U.K.

O.K the question , I want to move the rootfs to a ssd on the sata port , which I did without problem on my other system a cubietruck , But from the video of how to set up a nas , the 5 volt needed to power the ssd is the plug next to the sata port near the green audio plug ?
    Problem is I can identify the socket type/name , which is the - + pin , or is there a correctly wired lead I can purchase in the U.K ?

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

It's a JST-2 connector... See this link:

connector-types-t123.html

Don't know about getting the connector over on your side of the pond though... Probably easier just to get the cable kit from Udoo...

3. andcmp

andcmp New Member

4. mkopack

mkopack Member

Oh, and I believe the +5V pin is the one closest to the SATA data connector....

5. peter247

peter247 New Member

Thank you for all your replies , the sata power socket looked a little different the other JST connectors , but found JST plug on a old PC hard drive bay fan and made my own lead.

Thanks again for your help , I now have a working sata drive , but not yet booting a rootfs from it.

I can add a + 1 to this comment . shop-shipping-costs-t1114.html

I thought 11 euro was reasonable for the lead kit , so decided to purchase one until I was told 13 euro post .