Simulation programs

Discussion in 'Application & Utilities' started by FlyingDutchman, Apr 29, 2016.

1. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman New Member

Hey there UDOO users!

I'm quite new to single-board computers and I need to use such thing for a school project. The main part which I need to know is, if there is any program like Simulink that can be executed directly from de UDOO without a host computer? It's also required to display a GUI with certain information and ability to run the simulation with a button on the GUI. I've been looking for this answer on here and the rest of the internet, but couldn't find it.
    Maybe any alternatives? Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Udoo is a linux computer running Ubuntu and a special processor running the Arduino side. On the Neo these 2 processors are combined in one chip. So you can run simulink on the Linux side. With the Neo I am not sure if it can handle the GUI but the udoo quad should do it. Search for simulink ARM Linux and you get a lot of info.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  4. FlyingDutchman

Thanks for your reaction!
    Could you also tell me if it's possible to use the I/O's /analog ports of the arduino side to aquire info from several sensors and use actuators, controled by the simulation model?
    Ps: I was on holiday, so that's why I reacted this late...

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I don't know. Like I said it is a linux PC and an Arduino. So if the simulation can handle this with a separate PC and a separate Arduino Due it could do it on the Neo also.

As an alternative you could switch off the Arduino side and use all the io (including the former arduino ones) on the Linux side only. http://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Cookbook_Linux/Turn_off_M4_Arduino_core.html

FlyingDutchman likes this.
  6. FlyingDutchman

Okay, thanks for your response! I will consider rather any UDOO would be suitable for our project.