[SOLVED] Web control panel gone?

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by rswamy, Aug 30, 2016.

1. rswamy

rswamy New Member

I am setting up a new QUAD board and was initially able to view the web control panel at my udoo's IP address (10.10.5.118).
    I then installed some updates:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install node
    sudo apt-get install npm
    sudo apt-get install express -g
    sudo apt-get install express-generator -g

I rebooted the board and it got a new IP address (10.10.5.45).
    Somewhere in this process I think the default web server that comes with the board may have been erased. I can no longer access it at the new or old IP addresses. How can I get it running again? Where are the files stored? Do I need to re-download the img file onto the SD card?

I am going to eventually put my own web server on the board, so it's not a critical problem, but I would like to know why it no longer works and how I can get it running again. Thanks.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I think the node or npm update did it for you as the web conf is based on node. I don't know what the express does. The web control panel is in the /opt folder.

For usage of another webserver you can change the port of the control panel through the control panel itself. So it won't be interfering. But probably you have found that out yourself.

3. rswamy

rswamy New Member

Ok, looks like there are no files in the /opt/udoo-web-conf folder. I think you are right that installing node was the issue. I will ignore this and work on putting my own on the board. Thanks for the fast reply!

Andrea Rovai likes this.