Starting the UDOO in Debug Mode? (Instead of ADK)

Discussion in 'Android' started by ms_aziz, Jun 6, 2014.

1. ms_aziz

ms_aziz New Member

Hey all, I've been trying to get my UDOO to start in Android Debug mode on boot (with the J2 jumper plugged, and the USB OTG bus active on CN3 instead of with the arduino SAM3X8E processor). We want to start in Android Debug mode, not internal ADK mode.

Looking at the boot log, it appears the boot process starts with the USB port enabled, and then switches the system over to Internal ADK Mode. Does anybody know where that is happening, and how we can just disable that / comment that out?

2. spaniard

spaniard New Member

Hi,

I have a couple of related questions:

- It possible to change from Debug Mode <-> ADK with an Android app?
    - Is there any problem if the UDOO runs whole time in debug mode? I would appreciate to know if this board could be able to work full-time in Accessory Mode without problems, due to the OTG connection is shared between the Arduino and the external device.

If needed I could be able to compile an AOSP in my linux machine, so could you provide some step to step guide to make the necessary changes in the AOSP code to init in DEBUG mode?. I assume it's possible to do that if some modifications are done in the AOSP, am I wrong?

Thank you,