Ubuntu 22.04 vs UDOObuntu 19.04

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Mathieu LeBlanc, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Mathieu LeBlanc

Mathieu LeBlanc UDOOer

Hi All,

This is my first thread and I should be getting my bolt gear tomorrow. I’ll be putting 32gb + 128gb+500gb.
    I was debating on which operating system version to install. I am thinking UDOObuntu is older at 19.04 but has maybe custom UDOO + arduino software/control or more customized OR should just install the latest and greatest Ubuntu with latest Arduino ide. Do you have any suggested software install if I install 22.04? I assume the gpu issue with 18.04 is resolved in 22.04. Everyone’s opinion is greatly appreciated.

2. Mathieu LeBlanc

Mathieu LeBlanc UDOOer

—correction—
    Hi All,

This is my first thread and I should be getting my bolt gear tomorrow. I’ll be putting 32gb ram+ 128gb+500gb.
    I was debating on which operating system version to install. I am thinking UDOObuntu is older at 19.04 but has maybe custom UDOO + arduino software/control or more customized OR should just install the latest and greatest Ubuntu with latest Arduino ide. Do you have any suggested software install if I install 20.04? I assume the gpu issue with 18.04 is resolved in 20.04. Everyone’s opinion is greatly appreciated.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I think you mean 20.04 instead of 22.04 ... :)
    On the bolt you cannot install UDOObuntu as it is developped for the ARM Udoo devices (Neo and Quad).
    So you have to install normal PC Ubuntu version.
    I recently installed 20.04 and the latest Arduino IDE and it is all working fine, no installation issues at all.