ubuntu installation - can't find network adapter

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by volker.raschek, Oct 13, 2017.

1. volker.raschek

volker.raschek New Member

Hello,
    I have durning my installation of ubuntu server 17.04 a problem.

The installation guide of ubuntu server says, that he can't find my network adapter. Are some additional driver for udoo necessarry?

Ubuntu 17.04 based on linux kernel 4.10.

How can I download or add some drivers for the network adapter durning the installation for ubuntu or is there some other requirements to set up an ethernet connection durning the installation?

EDIT:
    I use only the network adapter on board.

Volker

2. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Not sure if this is your issue, but Ubuntu 17.04 has serious bug about networks (something about DNS not working properly). There is fix available but installing that requires network connection ...

Ubuntu 17.10 should be release on 19th, so if you can wait few days that might be better option than to try fix 17.04

3. Laura

Laura UDOOer

As Markus mentioned, there is an issue with DNS and Ubuntu.

A temporary fix until 17.10 is released - Go to the network adapter settings, and add two DNS entries to your IPv4 and IPv6. You separate them by comma.

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

That is the Google Public DNS. Restart Ubuntu for the new DNS settings to take effect.

4. volker.raschek

Okay,
    but my installed ubuntu version has the problem, that it can't find my network link.

`ip link` show me only the loopback adapter `lo`.
    How I can configure a network when my system can't find the network link.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  5. volker.raschek

Hello,
    I have now tried the ubuntu version 17.10. Unfortunately, I still get the same error that my network card is not recognized during installation.

How can I download the driver for the network card of my Udoo's x86 Ultimate, so that I can use my onboard card?

There must be a fix for, because I don't want to hope that my Udoo is broken.