Ubuntu Studio 12.04 test result - WIFI can't work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushunghung, Jan 30, 2014.

1. hushunghung

hushunghung New Member

Dear All Developing Teams

Today I tried Ubuntu Studio 12.04 this rom on UDOO Qual.
    It happened the network can't be available.

1. The status bar have "Connected Mode",and wifi can connect,
    But using browser and synaptic package manager can't update any package from network.

2. There always exists "Crash Down" issue feedback mechanism.

3. The img file is too big, so that I use microsd 16G card to use.

Thank you.

2. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Hello,

I too just installed Ubuntu Studio today. The choice of Xfce windowing interface provides snappy response.

I also found WiFi inoperable, but I haven't had time enough to diagnose it...

I'm wondering what applications support the Udoo 5MP camera for creating video and stills?

Ubuntu Studio shows promise as a useful multimedia tool kit.

I'm thinking, installing a BluRay/DVD drive in the SATA port makes more sense than a SSD, when 128GB SDHC 600X cards are available as fast storage. (I wonder if the Udoo Quad USB ports might be tweekable to USB throughput in firmware; doubtful....)

Larry

3. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Thanks for replies, we'll address those issues soon. As for packages, we removed the apt-cache to save space.
    To install any package you should first launch apt-get update

Also, try to log in as root, instead of ubuntu user

Let me know

4. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your response.

I spent several hours yesterday attempting to establish an internet connection with Ubuntu Studio. I have a CAT5 cable plugged into the router, but Studio seems unable to resolve domain names despite a DNS IP being evident. (FireFox crashes.) A 'ping -c3 8.8.8.8' does succeed without packet loss however. Curious.

WiFi also indicates that it is connected, but I'm still not able to access the internet.

I plugged my 128GB SDHC 600X SD card into a USB card reader, and tried to mount it, but found exFAT filesystem not supported. I can probably find the package to install support, but I'll need to connect to the internet.

I can understand the reason you removed the apt-cache to save space. :D

I was hoping to use the Udoo 5MP camera with Studio, but haven't been successful in figuring out how to get any of the pre-installed applications to access the camera yet. I know my hardware is functional, as VLC captures images under Arch Linux or Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (I can't recall which at the moment.).

I'm happy to work with you in resolving these issues, and provide the results of any commands you may like to see.

Best regards,
    Larry

5. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

if I upgrade ubuntu studio from synaptic,I loose the gpu and the system freeze at run glxgears.If run glmark2, this say error swap........before of crash (freeze alwais). Error on language select app,upgrade,fix it. Please,made with lubuntu, +60fps on desktop.gnome apps kill the bad gpu drivers. I try uninstall xfce and install lubuntu,but crash at reestart. Sorry for my english.

6. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Upgrade to 12.10?

Hello Ubuntu Studio 12.04 developers,

It seems that there are 481 package updates currently available for update as well as an upgrade to release 12.10.

I presume some Udoo-specific work was done on release 12.04, so I'm wondering if upgrading to release 12.10 would be okay for the Udoo Quad platform?

Best regards,
    Larry

(Incidentally, editing 'nameserver 10.0.0.1' into /etc/resolv.conf solved my DNS issue.)

7. moorsb

moorsb New Member

It appears to me that the wifi does not work because it is setup as a router. The wifi does not scan for access points. Ifconfig shows 3 drivers loaded one is a usb.