Ubuntu Trusty LXDE for QUAD

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by rocketdude, Feb 17, 2014.

1. rocketdude

rocketdude New Member

I've successfully built an LXDE image for the Udoo QUAD using instructions found elsewhere in these forums, but using Trusty 14.04 alpha 2. So far, the things that don't work are: wireless, video playback (using VLC), and analog audio. It's a start. Overall, it's got the same snapiness as the Debian Jessie image that's available. I haven't run any speed tests yet, but it works as a reasonable desktop. The piece that worked straightaway is networking - network shares just worked.

How best to share this image? The file system is about 1.5 GB (LXDE and Libreoffice take a fair bit of that space), compressed to a tgz file of 560 MB. I built it on a 4 GB microSD card, so I could create an image easily enough.

where should I post either an image or tgz file?

cheers

2. mert

mert UDOOer

Did you put NTFS and other FS mounting with FUSE? I can't seem to use any USB Flash (even FAT doesn't work) or USB HDD for that matter with the current Ubuntu 12.04 Kernel. If your image includes a Kernel with this support I'd like to use it.

3. miousername

miousername New Member

Hi,

You have to recompile kernel with fuse support for NTFS an then install with apt-get ntfs-3g.

It's not difficult recompile kernel, try it!