UDOO - Arduino DUE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xwalter, Sep 8, 2014.

1. xwalter

xwalter Member

good afternoon to everybody .
    I like UDOO and I want to buy a new one , quad core I want :)
    Up to now I use Arduino Due and I program it by using Atmel Studio + Visual Micro or Visual Studio + Visual Micro
    I dont' use , because I dont' like , the Arduino IDE
    This is because I prefer to organize my project in a professional way , I divide them in a several modules , I write libraries and else.
    My question is :
    May I still use the Atmel Studio to program Arduino Due hosted in UDOO using a sinplme USB cable as I'm doing now ?
    To program Raspberry side in UDOO I can use the python IDE installed directly in UDOObuntu or/and may I use a diffrent editor installed in my windows7 desktop ?
    Pratically I would like to program Arduino Due hosted in UDOO by an external tool environment and download the sketch by using an USB cable like usually .
    If I install the Android OS inside the UDOO , which tool I have to use to create an App ? Normally I use Android Studio for my mobile applications ...
    Thanks for the answers , it is important to understand these informations because I want to buy UDOO but I would like to be sure to work in these ways ....
    Regards
    WP

2. xwalter

xwalter Member

I'm looking the documentation and there is a J18 jumper that drives a switch to select which one processor to communicate.
    Pheraps this is the way to program Arduino Due by a desktop pc .... :?:

3. xwalter

xwalter Member

Well I have understood all , more or less.Pratically from windows 7 (using Arduino IDE a.5.x) I have to iverwrite a new file into arduino folder(hardware/tools/bossac.exe ....and then install a new driver for a different USB port .
    Noe I nedd just to understand how to procede for the jumper USB selector