Udoo Bolt Gear, screen goes black after several days issue

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Alfredo Martinez, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Alfredo Martinez

Alfredo Martinez New Member

I have had my Udoo Bold Gear for over a year and it's been working great running the latest Ubuntu release. I recently started to notice that the screen will go black and basically all UI is not accessible. I can connect to the server via a remote ssh shell through another computer and the Linux commands work fine. If I reboot from my remote ssh connection, the connection drops which implies the the reboot is started but the reboot never completes and I have to do a hard reset or pull the power to get it to reboot. I have seen it go black one time while I was using the computer but most of the time I have seen it when I am get back to the desktop and turn on my monitor or if the monitor. I have also noticed this when the screen is black while in power safe mode in the monitor is active. Has anyone had this issue? I don't know if this is hardware or bad memory RAM or M.2 NVMe SSD or an O.S problem. Anyone has had this happen? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

I am in Windows 10 at the moment, and after 4-5 days uptime in powersave mode the screen went solid colors depending on what was the margin of the screen twice, and had the same reboot problem, had to power off completely to recover, though as a bypass found that if I turn the monitor off and on and probably DDC/CI reporting monitor powerstates it resets the graphics and recovers.

3. Alfredo Martinez

Alfredo Martinez New Member

It looks like my problem was a kernel issue with my Ubuntu Linux distribution. After they pushed a system patch-update all problems were resolved.