UDOO camera module alternative cable

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by Cornstalks, May 25, 2016.

1. Cornstalks

Cornstalks New Member

I lost my camera cable, so I bought a couple 200mm long 16-pin 0.5mm pitch FFC cables (to be exact, this one and this one). They're rated for 500 mA and 60 V.

Printed on the cables is the info: "AWM 20706 105C 80V VW-1". This doesn't quite match the info on the original camera cable ("AWM 2896 80c 30v VW-1"), but I didn't think that mattered. I carefully made sure the pins on the cable and on the female connectors line up perfectly.

When I try to use /dev/video0, v4l2 says "Resource temporarily unavailable". Checking dmesg shows "ERROR v4l2 capture: slave not found!" which suggests that the camera hardware is not being detected or connected to.

Did I get the wrong type of cable? If so, what's a viable, working alternative cable I can get?

2. Marino Arias

Marino Arias New Member

Hi, I hope this help, I'm working on a project that I need a longer cable (200mm) and I found this one on Rs components.

I have tested the cable and it works same as the original from Udoo; I'm using Android (udoo Quad).

I would appreciate if you also help me here as im having a camera issue even with the Udoo camera original cable (using android).

Thank you.