UDOO Neo Basic doesn't boot anymore

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Vinz87, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

Well, I managed to boot it up again burning the OS on another SD card.
    With the previous one, it was working flawlessly until I lost the USB direct connection on IP 192.168.7.2, I rebooted, and checking with the HDMI cable attached I saw a black screen with the Linux penguin at the upper left corner.

I suppose something went wrong with the SD card, but is it something like that normal? I can see the boot partition if I plug that SD card to my Macbook. Is it something that can happen a sudden failure of the SD card, or there could be a problem with the board? I have no experience of these kind of boards, I don't know for example if it is something that happens quite often even with other boards

2. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

Please forget what I wrote above: my Neo has booted once, opened Web Configuration panel, then I rebooted it and now the HDMI output is completely black, no USB or WiFi connectivity.
    I tried to replug in it the original SD card, and again I see only a black screen with the Linux penguin. With the new SD card instead the screen is completely black.
    I will try to open ticket and see if UDOO support has some good idea :)

3. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

If you haven't, please open a ticket and explain your problem.

4. Vinz87

Vinz87 UDOOer

I did it, and I was told to try to connect to debug serial port UART1 to see the log at startup. I will update once I get a USB / serial adapter

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Andrea Rovai likes this.