UDOO Neo Extended freezing after random time

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Tomas Dresler, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Tomas Dresler

Tomas Dresler New Member

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask about this peculiarity: my UDOO Neo Extended freezes after a random time: 5 minutes to few hours. Nothing is in the syslog neither in errorlog, it simply stops responding on pings or web access and doesn't recover until manual reset.

Running latest UDOObuntu 2.2.0 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS) release, having Arduino sketch copying data between the two serial lines to give Python access to Arduino UNO connector @ 115.2 kBaud as a start-up script, no SW packages apart from apt-get update/upgrade.

I tried to power the board with two different PSs (12V PSU or 5V in microUSB), both have the same behavior.

What can I do with that? Thanks for your insight!

Tomas

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

There is only a small serial buffer on the Neo Arduino side, so be sure your pythons script is reading the data as soon as Neo Arduino is sending it.

Se also the serial https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Arduino_M4_Processor/Arduino_differences.html

3. Tomas Dresler

Tomas Dresler New Member

The serial communication is initiated from the Python script and it waits for complete response, no communication goes from Arduino alone to clog the buffer.

The trouble is that whole board ceases to respond to network communication and looks frozen (for up to 24 hours when I found and reset it, reviewing periodic ping log).

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

So it is not realy freezing as is but only network communication is freezing? You still have a response when you connect a keyboard and monitor directly? Did you do anything specific with network settings?

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Also mentioned in the documentation: Do not use Serial.write() on arduino side. It fails when sending null data.
    See also Known Neo Arduino issues,

evaloverde likes this.
  6. Tomas Dresler

Tomas Dresler New Member

Good question, I am using it headless (no monitor nor keyboard). There is only a WiFi on a stable network, no specific setup.
    I will check the usage of write method.

Btw. is there a good example how to bring Arduino UART to the Linux side?

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

evaloverde likes this.