UDOO NEO: give us your feedbacks and ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrea Rovai, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    UDOO NEO is rocking on Kickstarter, we are at 500% of our goal and there is a lot of comments in the website. But to comment on Kickstarter you have to be a backer, while we do need your feedbacks too. In other words, UDOOers's comments, feedbacks and ideas are essential to us.
    What do you think about UDOO NEO? Does it have the modules/componentes/whatever you'are looking for? At the moment there is a huge discussion about micro HDMI & 9-axis motion sensors; you can read it here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ud ... ts/1207429
    What's your opinion about it?
    I hope you are generous and submerge us with feedbacks and ideas.
    Cheers guys!

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi modjo,
    thanks for your feedback, but you are off topic: these are not tips for UDOO NEO features. However, let me give my two cents about your feedback: mantaining a product like UDOO includes costs that maybe you don't consider. It's not only a matter of "technicians" - you may think the only issue is to put a certain number of people to build something and that's it. But actually, you have to think about tons of other issues: the warehouse management, the marketing (which you cannot ditch just because you are a little player in this space), the web design, the ticket management, the distribution, the public relations, a media strategy, etc. Not to mention the greater cost: production. And obviously, you need also several technicians. You ask why we didn't employ new technicians. Actually we are already employing new technicians thanks to the launch of UDOO NEO on Kickstarter. Fundraising helps employing, don't you think?
    Finally, fundraising brings new users in the community.
    You also declare a lack of support. I reckon you are not talking about qt5 since the people who desire qt5 development in this forum are just one or two, including you, as you saw in the topic you opened about qt5 support. If you are talking about the Kernel you are right, we are late, but we will release it soon.

3. modjo

modjo Active Member

Hi Andrea,

Good news if you can employing new technician in your company ! I hope this can help you to produce new tutorials (no newer since ...), kernel and help for us here .... waiting to see that :!: Otherwise i also work in a industrial company and i know the cost link to a product, but if you can't launch new product without kick starter after 2 years of experience it's worrying i think ! For me kick starter it's a help for young contractor that have an idea and need help to make it and creates it's company, not to develop a company that already have money ... but it's just my opinion and out of this topic you are right :oops:

For neo i think an integrated GPS would be a good think.