UDOO x86 not booting; flashes green, then back to amber

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by nmalinoski, Oct 26, 2018.

1. nmalinoski

nmalinoski New Member

I have an x86 Ultra board from the Kickstarter campaign, and it's no longer booting. I know I've run into this issue before, but I don't recall what I did to fix it last time. Everything was working fine the last time I used this system a few weeks ago, and it's been in standby pretty much since then.

When I apply power, the amber standby LED comes on briefly, then switches to green for about 1 second. Halfway through the green LED, the amber LED blinks for a split second, and then green goes off and amber stays on for about 6 seconds, and then the behavior with the green LED again. This cycle repeats ad infinitum.

The power adapter I'm using is the one that that was provided with my reward tier, and it is putting out a little more than 12.6V. I've tried removing all of the SSD, wireless/BT card, and the RTC battery with no luck.

What am I missing? What else can I check? Is there a resettable fuse in this system that I can just leave alone for a couple days?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you connect it to a monitor? Any messages on that?
    What happens when you try to access boot/UEFI menu when connected to a monitor (ESC, ESC, etc).
    Can you boot with an Ubuntu Live USB disk?