Udoobuntu VNC server keyboard broken

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by GeekChannel, May 13, 2015.

1. GeekChannel

GeekChannel New Member

I installed the default udoobuntu release available on the download site. UDOObuntu_quad_v1.1 which is the right version for my quad hardware.

I ran the vncclient from my windows machine and attach fine to $IP_NUM:5901 and use the password that I set with the UDOO Configuration tool from the local display.

I can navigate the desktop of the udoo remotely from my pc, and all mouse navigation works well.
    I open a terminal on the remote UDOO via this vnc session and cannot enter any keys into that remote terminal.

There are so many broken forum links and outdated vnc links that I gave up searching the udoo forum database out of frustration.
    If there is a past article that does address this default broken behavior, please let me know where it is.
    ---------------------
    After posting I see that vncserver suffers from stuck modifier keys. A bug dating back to 2004. https://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2004-August/046702.html
    I tried the idea of opening a new terminal and pressing all the modifier keys one by one, {alt, cntrl, windows, shift} and this seemed to clear the problem.

I restarted a new session to see if the problem reoccurred and it did not.

Perhaps that lesson can help somebody else.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi GeekChannel, thanks for pointing it out. Your contribution is surely helpful.

3. mikelangeloz

mikelangeloz Member

Thanks for reporting that, we've never experienced such issue, so is important to know. We are planning to change VNC server, to X native one. There are some bugs with current setup... Stay tuned..