UDOONEO-Android-6.0.1-beta2.img on VirtualBox

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ozn, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ozn

Ozn New Member

Hello,

I downloaded the official UDOONEO Android img and now I'm tried to virtualize it to see if I'm able to achieve everything I want on this OS before buying the UDOO NEO but I'm not even able to make it running over VirtualBox.

To be more precise, I created a new Ubuntu 32bits machine with a vdi of 20Go, then I converted the .img in .iso to use it as a live CD.
    After that I booted then installed GRUB and running Android but at this point I'm stuck on the console, there isn't any GUI loading after that. I tried to add a VESA option through the DEBUG MODE in the menu.lst but it didn't work either.
    Finally I tried to directly convert the .img in a .vdi with the help of the command line "VBoxManage" or even tried to directly mount the .img in my W10 file browser but theses solutions were a failure too.

Do someone already achieved it ? Do you have any suggestions/guides to help me through this process ?

Regards,

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I do not think this is possible because the Neo is a ARM architecture machine, your PC is a X86. It is only possible to run a ported X86 Android version on your VirtualBox. The Neo version is definitely not X86 compatible.

But I am not an expert on this and allways willing to learn :)

3. Ozn

Ozn New Member

Yes it's possible that this is the main cause of the problem but how it would be possible to run the consol if the entire img is built for an ARM architecture ?
    Anyway I will try with the Android_x86 project, if I'm able to create an environment capable to suit my needs I will buy the UDOO NEO then. Thanks for your reply !