UdooNeo as Arduino

Discussion in 'Arduino IDE' started by aureta, Nov 23, 2015.

1. aureta

aureta New Member

Hi, a couple of days ago I received my UdooNeo, the system is installed in the micro SD card and I was able to set it up as a headless device, including the wifi comunication in my home network. However I have a few problems such as that no wifi comunication occurs when neo is unplugged from the USB port at the PC (it is not recognized either by the IP number or the board name given). At the same time I would like to upload to the board an arduino like code but I cannot see how this can be done. I would appreciate your help in getting this nice board up and running as an arduino board, thanks, Alejandro.

2. Bhargav K

Bhargav K New Member

3. aureta

aureta New Member

Hi Bhargav, to communicate with my UDOO I type its IP from my browser, this opens up the Overview page but not the UDOO Neo's desktop. I guess this is what I should be doing but to be honest I don't know how to. I would appreciate if you can guide me through this. Thanks again, Alex.

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Dear aureta,
    at the moment you can't upload sketches from an external PC to the Cortex-M4 of UDOO NEO. You have to upload the code from the Cortex-A9, that is internally. However, @aureta what kind of connection are you trying to do with NEO?

5. aureta

aureta New Member

Hi, I would like to open the UDOO neo system so I can start uploading codes from the preloaded Arduino IDE.
    At the same time I am having problems with the WiFi connection of the Neo. Although it connects to my home WiFi network when plugged to the PC by a USB cable, when rebooted and plugged to an external current source it is not recognized by the PC when called by its IP or given name. Thanks for your help. A.

6. Andrea Rovai

Is "its IP" 192.168.7.2 or the one that you retrieved from whatever? It should be 192.168.7.2

7. aureta

aureta New Member

the IP I typed is 192.168.7.2. Another question, how, if possible, to open the UDOO system in my laptop?. thanks

8. Andrea Rovai

Dear aureta,
    the IP should be
    not
    That is, no dot after the 2!
    Anyway, to answer your question read the docs about SSH and VNC and the rest under "Basic Setup".

9. aureta

aureta New Member

the dot corresponded to the end of the sentence, it was not included as IP address.

10. aureta

aureta New Member

Hi Andrea, I am following the instructions at the Udoo Neo web page but the WiFi connection of the Neo is not working. Is it possible that the board is corrupted? is it possible to get a refund or a new board?.

11. Andrea Rovai

I exclude the possibility that the board is corrupted.
    If you do believe that it's a hardware problem you can open a ticket, but you'll be asked to verify if the board is broken. Other people have problem with their Wi-Fi connection, but they are related to the software or to the usability, likely yours too. Please, remember that this is still a beta and these problems are temporary.

12. aureta

aureta New Member

I really like the possibilities offered by this board, I hope to get through this problem, I need help though.