UPS for Udoo x86

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Michaelc1985, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michaelc1985

Michaelc1985 New Member

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a small UPS for the Udoo x86.

I'm going to be putting mine in an arcade cabinet where it will be turned off unexpectedly everyday.

It just needs to tell the udoo to shut down safely and have a enough battery to keep it going til its turns off.

Thanks,

Michael

2. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Depend on current consumption of your specific system, you may not need a full-blown 12V DC UPS at all.
    (Just provide enough juice to generate PWR_about_to_go_down interrupt, for UDOO x86's graceful shutdown.)

3. Michaelc1985

Michaelc1985 New Member

Interesting,

How does one go about doing this?

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Michael,
    You have to disclose more. There is never a simple one solution covers all (and all attributes are on your side) type of answer.
    What I had suggested is: probably a "safe shutdown" type of solution is good enough.
    However, you will have to spell them all out first: size, buy-vs-build, capacity needed, budget, quantity, "is new old stock/improvised type okay", skill level...
    ccs_hello

5. Michaelc1985

Michaelc1985 New Member

Hello ccs_hello

All i want to do is safely shutdown the Udoo when someone turns the power to the arcade cabinet.

A way to give the udoo time to power off in the event it is turned off from the wall.

Thanks
    Michael