Using a 0.96 Inch OLED I2C Display 128 x 64

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Marcel Trapman, Aug 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Marcel Trapman

Marcel Trapman New Member

Hi,

I want to use a little OLED display as mentioned in the subject.

I can connect them using I2C or SPI.

Right now I have a couple of RPI's in a 19" rack hidden behind their own panel with, among others, the OLED screen showing the hostname and CPU activity (both in % and in a graph). I used this and this for inspiration.

I also have an Udoo Ultra. (a used Advanced is coming to me and I pledged for the Bolt).
    The OS I use is Debian Stretch.

I want to have these Udoo's in the same rack and I also want to use the OLED screen with the same functionality. If it can be I2C I intendto use CN14 Pin 2 and 4 because I want to show info about the Braswell SoC side.

However, I can't seem to find any other libraries than those for RPI or Arduino.

Any suggestions how I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

2 options:
    1. Rewrite the RPI library so they can work with the Udoo X86. I think most are an extra layer on the standard Python smbus library for I2C so it should not be that complicated. Find a library that is as simple as possible and less other dependencies as possible.
    2. Use the Arduino part of the Udoo X86 and try to find an Arduino 101 library for your OLED screen. Send the data from Braswell to Arduino 101 and let it display the data.

LDighera likes this.