VNC password?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Richard McCausland, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Richard McCausland

Richard McCausland New Member

Firstly thank you for an epic board.

Finally got round to having a play with the board and i'm trying to access it via VNC. It's asking for a password. What could this be?

Quick over view, flashed my micro sd card. accessed the board via web control. Activated wireless and reconnected. Thats all ive done so far. lol

2. Richard McCausland

Found it, password is.

udooer

3. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Does VNC work for you? If so what exactly did you do? Some of us just get a grey screen with a cursor.

4. Richard McCausland

are you the nophead who sell's reprap parts on ebay?

By no means am I a pro at this sort of stuff. I'm learning as I go. I used VNC viewer on andriod tablet and laptop pc. I also get a 'grey' screen. Tablet it lasts for 30 seconds then i get the screen. Laptop is about a minuet. Really lags the vnc viewer on the laptop. On the tablet it's pretty smooth. OTG with a mouse makes it a breeze

Attached Files:

5. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Yes I used to sell Mendel and Prusa parts on eBay. Then I switched to selling Mendel90 kits. Now I have retired and started playing with toys like this.

I found my problem. I was following instructions that said to connect on port 5901. TightVNC said the connection was refused and I couldn't find any vncsever process, so I assumed I had to start one manually. That does connect on port 5901 but only gives a grey screen, no matter how long I wait.

If I simply connect without a port number I get a grey screen for a couple of seconds and then a desktop and I don't need to start a vncserver process. There is already one running called Xvnc.

6. Richard McCausland

Ah cool, I brought and collected locally a few parts from yourself for my printer a few years back. lol

Just tried tight vnc and like yourself it connects on port 5900. Tried that app on my tablet last night but found it more laggy than VNCviewer. Using the viewer it does not ask for a port.

Glad you got your's working though fella. I pretty much just plugged the neo into power and connected with out having to do much on the neo.