When i get my Udoo

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Frank Wendt, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Frank Wendt

Frank Wendt New Member

My order is from Aug.26 this year / Order Number : 300003834 and 300003835

now i wait 3 Months how long i have to wait yet ?

Thanks for answer

Frank Wendt

2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

As far as I know UDOO is planning to start shipping 'in December' to the Kickstarter backers, then I assume to pre-orders. The last update said that they'd had first PCBs 'end of November'. I haven't got an update whether they have received them yet and if they have started production or that they have to tweak some things still.

3. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

Hi Frank,
    There have been updates on kickstarter and over here on this forum. They have had a problem with the boards that was traced back to the power supply. So now a version with the reworked power supply is going to be produced. Once they have confirmed that the problem has been solved...they will start production full blown. But this has set them and us back by say 6 weeks...more or less. Now it would have been nicer if we all received them earlier rather than later. But...I'd rather have something that works 100% and wait for it longer. That is just one of those things we have to live with when not buying stuff in a store.

4. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi @Frank Wendt,
    what you did was indeed not an order but a pre-order, and pre-ordered items are meant to be shipped in December after we have shipped all boards to Kickstarter backers. I'm sorry you missed such an important detail while purchasing. Anyway, due to a necessary remastering the production has experienced a small delay - how much we will be able to clarify in a few days, as soon as we will have tested the new revision.

5. Frank Wendt

Frank Wendt New Member

I know it's an pre order but how long it takes now to deliver the Udoo X86 i wait now since Aug 26 - 2016
    i got a EMail that you will deliver it like April or May 2017 any news about that ?
    Thanks
    Frank

6. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

It looks like kickstarter pledges are still being sent. Shipping started late as a result of issues found when they did a redesign of the board. They won't ship any pre-orders until all kickstarter pledges are shipped. I would imagine that they should be close to done. Those who pledged have been waiting longer unfortunately. There'll be quite a backlash if pre-orders are shipped before pledges are. I've seen it before.

7. SteveD

SteveD Member

Hi Frank, you haven't been paying much attention to the kick starter page, there have been multiple delays, I believe in nov/dec there was an issue with power regulator, had to change traces on the board. Shipping was expected to be completed in 4 weeks, and started March 27th, there were issues with not being able to build/test/ship as fast as expected....there are still a few backers who haven't gotten their pledge as of today. Its looking like another 1-2 weeks to confirm the last backer received a board. At which point many backers are missing items, and maybe pre-orders will get built up while that is addressed. My impression from the kickstarter page is there are still a few people who haven't gotten a response on their missing boards. I know the frustration, Im waiting to upgrade my nas server and move from ARM to x86, but honestly this is old tech, and it feels like it needs a refresh by fall for the price point, including import taxes

8. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi Steve,
    I don't get where you see UDOO X86 being an old tech. Could you elaborate on this?
    Also, If you compare it to similar hardware the price is not high. Could you post cheaper SBCs with comparable specs?
    Speaking of the import taxes, don't take it out on the nice people at UDOO :) That is not due to UDOO, it's due to your country.

Maurice and Wilson like this.
  9. SteveD

SteveD Member

Andrea,
    As far as old tech, I was mistaken... I was referring to the cpu, but it looks like the ones used are from Q3'16, and I had believed it was built parts from the 2015 generation (in fairness, I didn't read all KS updates, and missed the change)
    At this price point, it'd be easy to get a refurbished laptop, with 4Gb of ram or less, and an arduino, but of course form factor is the point. There is another SBC, the UP, also in KS is up squared, but without separate arduino, also on the UP, the usb 3.0 port was limited to 2.0 HS, which is I went with udoo since response on the quad was positive. Also, not taking it out on UDOO, but it should be considered either as an investor, or as a consumer, what your ROI is, and the more the product costs, the smaller the ratio becomes

10. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

Steve, keep in mind that we the backers wanted features added. They listened. This required a not so minor re-design of the board in the middle of the campaign. They had much less time for testing and QA as a result. Overall, I'm happy with mine and I would still be if it was a generation old.

11. Frank Wendt

Frank Wendt New Member

I got my Udoo x86 Ultra ,
    Im so happy .
    All works fine and it is really fast .
    Thanks

stecolumna likes this.
  12. SteveD

SteveD Member

wanted to post here incase any others are tracking pre-orders. Ordered Advanced on 2/8/2017, just got the notification from UPS (signed up with them to change destination for 'signed' items) Expected Delivery is this friday.

On a side note, I can't wait to start playing with this, and to use my old system for front-end applications!