Which V8 Power Connector?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by LDighera, Mar 11, 2019.

1. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Thank you for posting the links to the recently released Udoo V8 schematic diagrams and V8 User Manual, and thanks to the Udoo engineers who finally got around to making this information available.

I concur with your interpretation of the V8 power connector wiring. The information on page 18 of the V8 User Manual in section 2.2 Electrical Specifications is a little ambiguous; it states:

"voltage can be supplied through a DC power jack (CN5) type Singatron p/n 2DC3122-007111F. Internal pin is VIN power line"

This is poorly worded, as the internal pin located centrally in the jack (marked terminal 5) appears on the schematic to be unused, and the schematic appears to indicate instead, that the inner sleeve, not the centeral pin, of the power jack (marked terminals 1 and 2) is the positive VIN power line". (The power jack images shown on the right side of the manual page fail to provide any useful information at all.)

The ambiguity stems from the symbol used on the Udoo V8 schematics UdooV8PowerConnectorSchyematic.JPG and the Singatron 2DC3122-007111F power jack used on the V8 board. The "V" shaped spring contact shown in the symbol (marked terminals 1 and 2) would be more correct IMHO if it pointed upward or something, as it contacts the inner diameter of the barrel jack, not its outer shell.

Clearly, the outer contact of the barrel jack (marked terminals 3 and 4) is the negative VIN power line terminal.

I have been unsuccessful in locating data sheets for the specific power jack and plug parts specified in the V8 User Manual as

DC power jack (CN5) Singatron p/n 2DC3122-007111F
    Mating DC plug Singatron p/n 45P06CV230-1A00-01

, but this 2DC1003-000211F datasheet appears similar. Here is how the jack is represented on that page:

UdooV8DC_PowerJack(CN5)Singatron2DC3122-007111F.JPG
    So, it appears that the ambiguity may have originated with the Singatron drawing. Given that there are at least three language translations involved (Chinese, Italian, and English), it's easy to see how such ambiguity and resulting confusion can creep into technical documents.

2. Sailler

Sailler New Member

Great info.

3. Chad Ringstrom

Chad Ringstrom New Member

Best way I found one was look for the Light Blue Tip with the measurements: 4.5mm OD by 3mm ID (yes I know 2.9mm, but it works and is found a lot more easily)
    Hope it helps.

ictalapel likes this.
  4. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Why do I get connection refused for download.udoo.org?

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

6. nophead

nophead UDOOer

Thanks but I don't see the schematics there that were linked to above. It says "Heads up! Other files, like the schematics of the board, will be shared further on."

Did they appear and then disappear again?

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I read somewhere they had issues with AMD about disclosure of these kind of documents.
    I do not think Udoo officially published them before but they could be found....

8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer